Product Code: 73-30130-01340-7
Kvaser U100-C, connection to the latest laptops and PC’s that supports USB-C only
The latest laptops and PCs come with USB-C slots only, so the Kvaser U100-C (01340-7) has been added to Kvaser’s U100 range of robust, single-channel CAN/CAN FD to USB interfaces. This interface is based on the standard Kvaser U100 with DB-9 connector, but replaces the standard USB type “A” connector with the smaller USB-C format. As with other devices in the range, this is powered via the USB bus.
Enhanced electrical protection
Robust, galvanically-reinforced (Tested according EN 60335) and signal and power isolated, the Kvaser U100 range offers enhanced electrical protection, a vibration, shock and drop-proof housing and high-quality cabling that establishes a new reference in CAN interface design.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s (with correct physical layer implementation).
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Supports silent mode for analysis tools – listen to the bus without interfering.
- Reinforced Galvanic Isolation. (Tested according EN 60335-1:2012 paragraph 13, 5000VAC rms applied for 60 seconds)
- 20 000 msg/s, timestamped with a resolution of 100 µs.
- Industrial grade temperature range, −40 oC to +85 oC.
- USB-C connector.
- Powered through the Type-C USB connector (a Type-A USB connector is also available).
- DB-9 connector (other connectors available).
- Supports bit rates from 10 Kbit/sec up to 1 Mbit/sec.
- Lightweight, glass fibre reinforced polyamide housing, overmolded with TPE.
- IP67 rated.
- Intuitive LED UI.
- Support for SocketCAN.
- Compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet.
- Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib.
Other variants of the U100 range pair a standard USB type “A” connector with a 9-pin D-SUB, M12 or OBD-II CAN connector. A Precision version is also available – the Kvaser U100P – with a standard USB type “A” connector to a 9-pin D-SUB.